With millions of small businesses out there to compete for the online market, every business owner must focus on staying at the top of search engines.
That means investing time and money in any activity that can rank the business website at the top of organic searches.
Your business website is one tool you can use to reach millions of customers worldwide and boost your sales in the long run. You can click here if you’re looking forward to making your business website appear on the first page of search results.
1. Check your website ranking first
Before you can embark on optimizing your website, you should check its overall health and ranking on Google and other search engines. Find out if you’ve been experiencing a sudden drop in your organic traffic or reduced the number of visitors to your site.
You should also find out if Google and other search engines have deindexed your website. You can use third-party tools to find out all the hidden issues on your website that could be affecting its ranking on Google.
2. Work on your on-page SEO
The fastest way to making your website rank at the top is by focusing on the on-page SEO. You can easily optimize your website in just minutes and witness a tremendous traffic improvement in just a day. Some tips you can follow to optimize your on-page SEO include:
- Placing the target keywords at the start of your title tags.
- Create lengthy content, at least 1800 words per article.
- Have at least 2 or 3 primary keywords spread evenly on the content.
- Ensure your content is original and unique before you can publish it on your website.
3. Watch out for technical SEO
For most websites out there, technical SEO seems to be the least of their problems. Although it’s a rare issue, you must check out for any technical SEO issues on your websites. Some issues you should look into include:
- Website optimization. Your website should be 100% optimized and user-friendly. Ensure your website is optimized for mobile and desktop.
- Page speed: To increase page speed, you can reduce redirects, improve server response time, and optimize all images on your website.
4. Acquire new links to your website
One proven way of increasing your website ranking on Google is to acquire new links to the site. According to a report by Moz on Search Engine Ranking, having inbound links is one effective way of improving website ranking. Here are some tips to add more inbound links to your website:
- Create and publish evergreen content that most writers and journalists would prefer to reference and link to.
- Add your business website to local review sites and directories like Google My Business. Quora, Yelp, etc.
- Guest post on different authority sites within your niche.
There are many ways you can improve your website ranking on Google. In every strategy you employ, always know that content is king. Create quality content, focus on technical SEO, and your website will rank at the top.