POS merchant solutions are necessary in order to run a successful business in order for you to process and accept different payment methods. POS solutions can now handle more than just your payment transactions and can help with different aspects of your business, including inventory, accounting, reporting, and invoicing. With many different options, choosing one can be challenging.
Finding the Right System
It helps to outline some of your business requirements and ask yourself some questions. What is the state of your business, what are your struggles, and what tasks can a POS help you complete?
Your type of business will play a big role in determining which system is right for you. Are you opening up a new business? If so, you want something that is easy to use and can help you be more efficient. Are you switching systems? Know what is currently working for your system and what isn’t so your new system can resolve issues. Your POS system should be able to help you with current struggles,
Things to Consider When Choosing POS Merchant Solutions
Once you have looked at your business requirements then you need to think about different things that your system can provide.
- Ease of Use: It shouldn’t be hard to set up your POS system and it needs to be user friendly. You shouldn’t have to call tech support all the time or constantly be referencing your user manual.
- Hardware: The size of your business can help determine the hardware that you will need. If you are smaller, you may need a card reader, tablet, and cash box. If you have a larger business then you may need more terminals, barcode scanners, receipt printers, and more.
- Software: The software is important so examine the capabilities and the cost to make sure it’s the right fit for your business.
- Integration: Does the system integrate with software, apps, or tools you are already using? Many solutions have software that will lock you into only using their tools so you may want to find a system that integrates with third-party vendors.
- Automation: A good system should be able to use data from your supply chain and logistics to update order information and update inventory.
- PCI Compliance: Security is absolutely important, especially for small businesses that wouldn’t be able to afford to be a victim of cyberattacks. You want a system that can safeguard payment data with data tokenization and end-to-end encryption.
- Support: Even if you are tech-savvy and the system is easy to use, you want to have access to good customer support in case you run into any issues.
- Cost: You need to consider the cost of hardware and software. Some companies have all-in-one systems, while others sell preconfigured kits or packages. You also should consider the operating costs and the card processing fees. You may want to choose a provider that allows you to choose the processor, otherwise, you could be paying higher fees.
- Features: There are many different features and you may want to choose a system that has different features your business needs, such as refunds and returns, employee scheduling, data analytics, and inventory tracking.
For help with your businesses’ POS and payment challenges, call Adept Payments today at (888) 732-3838 or fill out the “contact us” form on the website.